QUESTION – Who only goes to the dentist BECAUSE the dentist markets to you every 6 months?
- <<< I GENUINELY BELIEVE IT IS MOST PEOPLE WHO READ THIS BLOG – SERIOUSLY – NOBODY PUTS IN THEIR DIARY “6 MONTHS SINCE I LAST WENT TO THE DENTIST” >>>
I spend less in the dentist in 1 year than I do socialising with friends in one weekend – yet the dentist still bothers to market to me and sending the reminder letter
If I haven’t responded and booked in 2 months later I get another reminder card or a phone call
In short – somewhere along the line in the long history of dentistry has decided the Total cost of the Database, postcards and the Total cost of postage generates enough of a marketing return from those that answer versus those that ignore
“Think About This – If the return you get from marketing activity is greater than the cost of marketing – shouldn’t you be investing in marketing!”
- Telling People About Your Business In An Engaging Way Works
- Caring About Your Customers More Than The Competition Works
- Striving To Be Even Better Even Though Your Better Than The Rest Works
- In Short – Great Marketing Works!
There are a lot of great marketing lessons to be learnt from more glamorous businesses – but the dentist is a reminder than simple effective timely reminders do work and you can’t deny it!
“With over 12 years experience of Social Media and 17 years experience of online marketing in other companies, clients come to myself when they want a veteran rather than a rookie” Alex McCann